Florida Water || Various Sizes || Cleansing Clearing Blessing Offering
Florida Water was first introduced in the United States in 1808. With a base ingredient of alcohol, Florida Water contains a blend of dissolved essential oils, including lemon oil, orange oil and lavender oil. Florida water also has strong cleansing properties.
Florida Water is a traditional tool for spiritual cleansing, blessing and protection.
The fragrant botanicals are the source of the water’s power. They attract good fortune, and benevolent spirits to whomever, or wherever the water is used. Florida Water essentially raises the vibration of whatever it comes into contact with making it unsuitable for negativity and harm to thrive, and linger.
Some practitioners even use Florida Water as a type of offering to their ancestors, spirits and other forms of Divinity. It is a wonderful tool for blessing a shrine, altar or sacred space. You can mist a room with it before a Reiki session, or an intuitive reading.
If you are an energy worker, or if you do any type of meditation/trace/hypnotism work this is a good protective measure to begin with. Apply Florida Water to the wrist, temples, base of the head and the feet. Or anoint the 7 major chakras/energy centers of the body.
Keeping bowls of Florida Water in your home will help to ward of negativity and keep a high vibration within the space. You can wash any new items you bring into the home, especially thrifted pieces. Florida Water will keep any attachments from lingering with the pieces.
When you are feeling especially “off” or as if something is attached to you, rub yourself down with Florida Water. Wash your clothes, and bed linens in it. And spritz it around all rooms. This will untie energetic cords, and keep heavier energies away.
Florida Water can be used as a base for any energetic and magical application. It can be used for baths, floor washes, and for anointing. It is a powerful tool for spiritually cleansing your home after a difficult time, or when dealing with extremely negative entities. It can also be used to clear, and reprogram crystals, gems and jewelry.
Florida Water is popular among South American shamen, where it is believed the plant spirits of the Amazon love sweet-smelling perfumes. Thus, one way to achieve protection from malevolent spirits is to wear sweet scents and perfumes such as Florida water as a guard against evil. Shamen will often supercharge their Florida water by adding chopped camphor, tobacco, camalonga seeds and other botanicals and drink it to achieve perfumed breathe that allows them to blow upon inflictions and remove them.
In Hoodoo, Florida Water is used in spiritual cleansings and home protection. It can be worn on the body, used as an ingredient in magical works or by itself as a cologne, put in the bath water and misted in the environment to purify it. In fact, there are so many ways Florida Water can be used it is no wonder it remains a favorite spiritual water among practitioners.
Men and women alike benefited from the refreshing properties it possessed. Said to cure a headache, soothe a fever and scent a home, the benefits of Florida Water were hailed by all. Its strong magical properties have made it a staple in Hoodoo, Voodoo, Santeria and Wicca practices.
There are a myriad of ways to incorporate Florida Water into your spiritual life.
Here are thirty ways Florida water can be used to make your life more enjoyable.
- Enhance cleansings: Add to spiritual baths to enhance spiritual cleansings.
- Protection cologne: Wear as a cologne for a protective shield that leaves a delicate scent.
- Repel negativity: Mist in the environment to repel negative energy and negative spirits.
- Attract good spirits: Mist in the environment to attract good spirits.
- Add to floor washes: Add to floor washes for its cleansing and blessing properties.
- Use as an offering: Place a bottle on your altar as an offering to the Spirits.
- Wash lodestones: Use to wash a pair of lodestones in preparation for use.
- Ancestral offering: Add a few drops to a bowl of water and place on your ancestral altar as an offering to your ancestors.
- Prevent nightmares: Launder bed sheets with 1 cup of Florida Water to remove negative energy and attract benevolent spirits and protection.
- As an astringent: Use as an astringent and skin lotion to tone the skin, leaving it with a feeling of freshness.
- Rubdown for the infirm: As a rubdown for the sick, Florida Water has a beneficial, stimulating effect similar to alcohol rubs but much more pleasant due to its aromatherapeutic qualities.
- Relief from insect bites: Applied to insect bites it provides some relief.
- Anti-anxiety relief: For high anxiety it can be applied to the forehead and used as a rubdown, providing some relief for nervous tension.
- Cleanse and bless candles: Use to cleanse and bless candles prior to use (be sure the candles are completely dry before lighting). *CAUTION: Florida Water is highly flammable. Use extreme caution when working with it.
- Cleanse ritual tools: Use to wipe down altars and altar items to keep free from negative energy.
- Spirit communication: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it to aid in spirit communication through fire.
- Energize money works: Pour a little in a cast iron pot or cauldron and light it, then place your hands over the flames warming them before engaging in money drawing activities like working and gambling.
- Holy water: Pray the 23rd Psalm over it and use in place of Holy Water.
- Spirit receptivity: Periodically spray a little on your altar to keep it receptive to the spirits.
- Dream work: Place some in a crystal bowl with spring water next to your bed for prophetic dreams.
- Attraction spray: Combine basil and patchouli essential oils, Florida water and a lodestone to a spray bottle for a wonderful attraction spray.
- Foot bath: Use in foot washings by adding to a tub of water, washing the feet with the Florida water enhanced foot bath, then anointing the feet with rose oil while praying the 23rd Psalm.
- Hair rinse: Add to rinse water after shampooing to clear the head of heavy thoughts.
- Face spritz: Keep in a spray bottle in the refrigerator for a rejuvenating face spritz during the hot days of summer.
- Doll Baby Baptism: Use to baptize doll babies by sprinkling on the doll’s head.
- Laundry rinse: Add a quarter cup to your laundry rinse water to both cleanse and bless your clothes.
- Scrying jar: Pour 1/2 Florida Water into a jar half filled with river water and use for divination.
- Pendulum rinse: Use to rinse pendulums after readings to clear and prepare them for subsequent readings.
- Bless animal companions: Anoint your furry friend’s foreheads with just a dab to bless them.
- St. Francis blessing: Take it a step further by rinsing a St. Francis medal with Florida Water and add the medal to your pet’s collar or hang from an aquarium or bird cage for protection and good health.
Other Popular Uses For Florida Water
Florida Water can also be used to help ease aching muscles and soften ones skin before and after shaving. When suffering from sunburns and bug bites, dabbing a small amount of Florida Water on the affected spot can offer relief. The invigorating citrus aroma of Florida Water makes it an excellent perfume or cologne. Its cooling properties are excellent for those in warm climates.
In use for centuries, this versatile product has certainly proven to be a useful staple in any home and in many magic and religious practices.